ACEs Action Alliance
The ACEs Action Alliance is a multi-sector collaborative of individuals, public and private organizations. We work together to promote a trauma-informed, resilient Clark County. We align local efforts by convening partners, assessing needs, raising awareness about the causes and impact of trauma and toxic stress, measuring progress, and promoting approaches that build individual, family and community resilience. We meet monthly and welcome new members. Please see the calendar for the date of our next meeting.
Read the 2018 report on the state of our children and families
SELF (Support for Early Learning and Families) is a local coalition that publishes a regular report card on issues facing families and young children in our region. View the entire report here.
A few facts about Southwest Washington from the report:
- One in six children aged zero–four (16 percent) is living in poverty.
- Three of five children aged zero–five (58 percent) have all parents in the workforce.
- Approximately 170 households with children under 18 are homeless.
- The median wage for childcare employees is $11.99 per hour.
- Two-thirds of licensed childcare providers are enrolled in Early Achievers.
- Forty-eight percent of children enter kindergarten ready to learn (according to WA Kids assessment). Statewide data shows that only 31 percent of low-income children enter kindergarten ready to learn.
- About half of rental households in our region are income distressed, spending more than 30 percent of their income on housing.
- Fourteen percent of people in our region are considered food insecure.
- Twenty-two percent of the population receives Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program benefits.
All are welcome at this recurring meeting that brings faith partners together with Vancouver Public ...February 28 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Join us to celebrate the amazing work of community partners to support families and children living ...March 11 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
All are welcome at this meeting of the ACEs Action Alliance. Please note that we have moved our meet...March 26 @ 1:30 pm - 3:30 pm
The only meeting for Vancouver Faith-Based Coffee in March is the Celebration Breakfast on March 11....March 28 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
All are welcome at this recurring meeting that brings faith partners together with Vancouver Public ...April 25 @ 9:00 am - 11:00 am
Latest From Facebook
This message is only visible to admins:
Unable to display Facebook posts
Click here to Troubleshoot.